COVID-19 Update for Seasonal Campers for Auburn Riverside Retreat
May 6, 2021
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding throughout our second Covid opening. We are pleased to receive more clarity in this regard from the Health Unit. We may open under the following conditions:
1) Seasonal campgrounds that meet the following conditions:
1. Campsites must be made available only for trailers and recreational vehicles that,
i. are used by individuals who are in need of housing, or
ii. are permitted to be there by the terms of a full season contract.
2. Only campsites with electricity, water service and facilities for sewage disposal may be provided for use.
3. All recreational facilities in the campground and all other shared facilities in the campground, other than washrooms and showers, must be closed. (Ours will remain closed)
4. Other areas of the seasonal campground must be closed to the general public and must only be opened for the purpose of preparing the seasonal campground for reopening.
What does this mean for campers?
The current Stay-At-Home Order (Ontario regulation 265/21) provides individuals who own multi-residences permission to go to their other homes, but only for prescribed reasons and lengths of time. Section 1 (1) number 19 states:
19. Travelling to another residence of the individual if,
i. the individual intends to be at the residence for less than 24 hours and is attending for one of the purposes set out in this Order, or
ii. the individual intends to reside at the residence for at least 14 days.
Purposes set out in the Stay-At-Home Order that permit an owner to be at their residence for less than 24 hours can be found in section 1 (1) number 7, however, any other listed purpose found in the Stay-At-Home Order would suffice.
7. Obtaining goods, obtaining services, or performing such activities as are necessary for landscaping, gardening and the safe operation, maintenance and sanitation of households, businesses, means of transportation or other places.
For these reasons, we will currently permit campers to visit their sites for less than 24 hours permitted they abide by the rules herein. ie. actively readying, maintaining their sites and RV’)
In summary, Auburn Riverside Retreat will open immediately to Seasonal Campers who:
1. Comply and abide with the above. Any breach of the rules herein or (new) Code of Conduct will result in immediate removal from the campground.
2. Have a signed 2021 License of Occupation and Campground Rules and sent to the campground before your arrival date.
3. Sign the new COVID/Campground Code of Conduct, and any additional contracts as deemed necessary.
4. 2021 Seasonal Fees paid in full. This applies to all seasonal campers despite which date you choose to arrive at the campground.
5. Notify the campground of when they intend to arrive.
It is our hope that seasonal campers who cannot commit to the 14 day or 24 hour conditions will be able to enjoy their sites again immediately after the Stay-At-Home Order.
Please check our webpage or Facebook page for any further announcements.
Looking forward to camping with you again very soon.
Experience Camping Ltd